Hartville Marketplace - Sarah’s Grill
Title Line Cook/ Prep Cook / Grill Cook
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Availability: Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday till 4 PM
Reports to: Sarah’s Grille Manager Position Type: Part-time
Position Summary: Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups, American foods, etc. and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final preparation including cooking and frying items and preparing for all hot menu item plates.
- Prepares a variety of meats, poultry, and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares items for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Assist Manager in Closing the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists other team members in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Manager or manager-on-duty.
- At least 6 months in a similar role or capacity
- Understand portion control and minimize waste.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and our Guest. SMILE.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.Willing to unload deliveries, check in and assure that invoice is correct.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Must be able to follow printed recipes and plate specifications
- Must maintain personal hygiene in accordance to HMP & Health Department standards for Food Service Employees.
- Be willing to attend Health department food safety classes.