POSITION SUMMARY Maintains the light maintenance and grounds of Hartville Marketplace and Flea Market property. The position will be responsible for cleaning the grounds, removing litter, trash removal, sidewalk snow removal, setup and tear down tables during special events, various other cleaning and light maintenance tasks. Other duties may be requested by management.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Cleans the grounds / parking lots and removes litter.
- Performs routine maintenance of all landscaped areas, including flower containers periodically.
- Use a backpack blower to blow trash and other debris to be easily picked up.
- Operates vehicles or powered equipment such as back pack blowers, snow blowers, road sweepers.
- Operate snow removal equipment in during the winter to keep all of the walkways and building entrances cleared and safe.
- Provides proper upkeep of the sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, and planters.
- Collaborates with maintenance team to make sure the grounds and the buildings are properly cared for.
- Periodically power wash buildings and exterior doors as needed.
- Clean tables, chairs, and floor in eating areas.
- Periodically dust / vacuum various areas as needed.
- Clean/ Dust windows and other other surfaces as needed using various cleaning products.
- Cleaning spills or other messes as requested by management.
- Assists with set up and tear down of special events as requested.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s)
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
WORK ENVIRONMENT This position is exposed to loud noises from equipment and maintenance tools. This position may be exposed to the risk of electrical shock when working with appliances, and production equipment. This position may be exposed to extreme heat when working outside and with restaurant equipment. This position is exposed to cold and extreme cold when cleaning off walkways in the winter. May be exposed to slippery floor conditions and proper footwear should be worn. Appropriate safety equipment is available and upon request.